Get Adobe Flash player
Menu

Epi-Cacti Forums
How To Videos

Epiphyllum
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from the Flickr's Epiphyllum bloom group group pool. Make your own badge here.
Schlumbergera
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from the Flickr's Schlumbergera bloom group group pool. Make your own badge here.
Dragon fruit
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public items from the Flickr's Dragon Fruit group group pool. Make your own badge here.

Can't induce blooming HELP!!!

Desert Cacti bloom report 2010-post your bloom pictures of your cacti plants here to share them with all Epi-Cacti Forum members. Any positive Identified please remember to also post in the Desert Cacti Gallery as a resource for all members to use.

Moderators: Epi*Lover*Pat, Dino, EPIE-ELF, Cindy, Stephen

Can't induce blooming HELP!!!

Postby cactEYE peTe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 am

Hello!
Over the years I have had absolutely no luck in getting my Cactus' to bloom. They get plenty of sun, and I have tried to induce blooming by not watering at all over the winter or I have tried feeding them around this time to see if that works. No luck whatsoever. I specifically purchased Cacti that do bloom, but so far I have had no success! HELP!!!!!!!!

Matt..........please see the "general Discussion forum for pics of said cacti!
Thanks.......AnG
AnG
cactEYE peTe
*Epi Cacti enthusiast*

Re: Can't induce blooming HELP!!!

Postby Whiter Shade Of Pale » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:33 am

Have you tried a long cool period over the winter months? Maybe an unheated room? Possibly where temps are in the 45 to 55 degree range? Sometimes that will help. I know it's hard to do in a home environment - but it usually does the trick.

Greg
Whiter Shade Of Pale

Postby cactEYE peTe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am

Whiter Shade Of Pale wrote:Have you tried a long cool period over the winter months? Maybe an unheated room? Possibly where temps are in the 45 to 55 degree range? Sometimes that will help. I know it's hard to do in a home environment - but it usually does the trick.

Greg

Hi Greg!
No, I have never tried that. It is probably too late this season to do that, but I will next winter. Thank you so very much for that tip, much appreciated!
Angelo
AnG
cactEYE peTe
*Epi Cacti enthusiast*

Postby Epi*Lover*Pat » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 am

Hi Ang :waive:

Have you tried using a Bloom Booster fertilizer? I use Super Bloom 12-55-6. Starting fertilizing my plants in mid-February (since it's warm here in Florida now). I'm already seeing buds on several things. Can't say for sure that's why but it won't hurt to give it a try :mrgreen:

Pat :waive:

Enjoy your day... and please stop by and visit my Ebay listings when you have a chance :)
http://shop.ebay.com/epi*lover*pat/m.ht ... =12&_rdc=1

Pat
Epi*Lover*Pat
Epi Cacti Forum Admin/moderator

Postby cactEYE peTe » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:58 am

Epi*Lover*Pat wrote:

Have you tried using a Bloom Booster fertilizer? I use Super Bloom 12-55-6. Starting fertilizing my plants in mid-February (since it's warm here in Florida now). I'm already seeing buds on several things. Can't say for sure that's why but it won't hurt to give it a try :mrgreen:

Morning Pat!
Thank you kindly for your expert advice. I recently purchased LIQUINOX BLOOM (0-10-10) and CACTUS JUICE from Matt. Will that suffice? :cactouch:
AnG
AnG
cactEYE peTe
*Epi Cacti enthusiast*

Postby Epi*Lover*Pat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 am

cactEYE peTe wrote:
Epi*Lover*Pat wrote:

Morning Pat!
Thank you kindly for your expert advice. I recently purchased LIQUINOX BLOOM (0-10-10) and CACTUS JUICE from Matt. Will that suffice? :cactouch:
AnG

Well, I'm no expert in this area but this is what I'm doing to push blooms... you need the middle number to be high. I would look for a fertilizer that has a high middle number like I mentioned about (55). You can purchase the Super Bloom I use at Lowes... it's made by Green Light'. Start using it now and continue until you see buds and they begin to open... then you can switch back to your regular cactus fertilizer. Maybe Matt or others will post their ideas as well.

Enjoy your day... and please stop by and visit my Ebay listings when you have a chance :)
http://shop.ebay.com/epi*lover*pat/m.ht ... =12&_rdc=1

Pat
Epi*Lover*Pat
Epi Cacti Forum Admin/moderator

Postby waldman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 am

What did you end up doing? i have the same problem :cry:
waldman
*Epi Cacti enthusiast*