Plueria seedlings and white flies

Plumeria main discussion/chat forum-All things about Plumerias are discussed here,as the topics grow it will be divided into sub-forums. When that happens is determined by you, the members. Just PM a moderator or Admin.

Moderators: Epi*Lover*Pat, EPIE-ELF, Cindy, Stephen

Plueria seedlings and white flies

Postby Donna » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:43 am

Hello...
I live in Missouri and Plumerias are hard to come by, so I purchased some seeds (well a lot) and now have some where in the number of a about a hundred little seedlings, (wonderful, obviously the success rate was far more than I had expected).
But I have a problem, I noticed what looks to be white flies and while looking for a treatment it stated blast them with the hose, I stopped reading because if I blasting these little guys with the hose it will destroy them. Would using a systemic in the soil along with insecticidal soap on the leaves do the job or would that be too much for them? They range from 2 to 6 true leaves and about 2 to 4 inches tall and the oldest are about 2 months old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Donna
Donna
*Epi Cacti enthusiast*

Re: Plueria seedlings and white flies

Postby Stephen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Try it on just a few and see what happens
Stephen
Epi-Cacti Forum Moderator

Re: Plueria seedlings and white flies

Postby Epi*Lover*Pat » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 am

Donna, I use Spectracide Immunox Plus Insect & Disease Contro. Comes in a spray can the spray is very light.
I would try that or the systemic in a very light dose at first on just a few and see what happens. Good luck! White flies are pesty little things that can be hard to get rid of.

Pat :waive:

Enjoy your day... and please stop by and visit my Ebay listings when you have a chance :)
http://shop.ebay.com/epi*lover*pat/m.ht ... =12&_rdc=1

Pat
Epi*Lover*Pat
Epi Cacti Forum Admin/moderator

Return to Plumeria Main discussion forum